Budgeting, Planning and Forecasting Software for Energy and Utility Providers
Budget Maestro's built-in accounting rules and formula-free calculations provide utilities an easier and more reliable way to budget and plan. Whether you are budgeting for departments, generation facilities, or geographic areas, you'll have the accurate, timely and actionable financial and operational data you need.
Get the answers you need
Easy-to-use what-if scenario capabilities allow you to change assumptions and immediately see the impact on your revenue, expenses, and cash flow. For example:
- Do we have cash flow available to invest in new technology, add capacity, or expand to new markets?
- If we cut costs, will we still be able to meet regulatory requirements and reduce environmental impact?
With Budget Maestro energy & utility budgeting and forecasting software, Energy & Utility Providers can:
Improve operational efficiencies
- Get a comprehensive overview of your organization's performance with integrated planning, budgeting, forecasting, reporting, analysis and consolidation
- Efficiently manage revenues and costs in relevant units (i.e. tons, energy produced, BTU's, mined coal) to immediately see their impact on your P&L, balance sheet, and cash flow
- Evaluate revenue by customer type to identify efficiencies and increase profitability
- Accurately forecast the impact of long-term asset depreciation / amortization on your Balance Sheet and P&L
Proactively control costs
- Manage costs associated with capital expenditures and future projects
- Understand the costs behind each employee (including salaries, taxes, fringe benefits, etc.) for more accurate operating cost projections
Capitalize on revenue planning
- Apply drivers (i.e. cost, price, or usage) to explore ways to improve the bottom line
Generate reliable and consistent reporting
- Create consolidated financial statements for various divisions, incorporating finance, engineering, and operational assumptions
- Measure current and past performance against industry metrics such as usage rates.
- Improve decision-making via reports on key metrics such as usage and rates, quantity and price fluctuations, capital expenditure projections, and headcount
Conduct frequent forecasting and re–forecasting
- Utilize lagging and/or leading indicators to help predict future performance (e.g. average revenue per kWh and/or forecasted customer rate schedules)
- Meet goals with continuous measurement of plan vs. actual variance forecasts measuring dollars, quantity, and other key performance indicators (KPIs)
Predict and monitor cash flow
- Measure cash flow continuously to assure readiness for new technology investments
- Manage costs better, eliminate excessive financing, and meet all credit obligations associated with ongoing capital expenditures and future projects