Budgeting, Planning, and Forecasting Software for Software Companies
Budget Maestro's built-in accounting rules and formula-free calculations provide software companies an easier and more reliable way to budget and plan. Whether you are budgeting for departments, products, services, or customers, you'll have the accurate, timely and actionable financial and operational data you need.
Get the answers you need
Easy-to-use what-if scenario capabilities allow you to change assumptions and immediately see the impact on your revenue, expenses, and cash flow. For example:
- If our competitor drops their prices, can we match their price and still remain profitable?
- Will we need to add personnel to deliver a new release next quarter?
- Do we have the cash flow to launch a new product, invest in new technology, or expand to new markets?
- What will the impact of increase in website traffic will have on customer service staffing?
With Budget Maestro budgeting and planning software for Software Companies, you can:
Assess revenue streams
- Model revenue for subscriptions, licenses, maintenance, professional services, etc. with varying recognition schedules (upon booking, even payments, over the life of a contract)
- Easily apply revenue recognition and accounts receivable schedules to your assumptions and immediately see the impact of deferred revenue and cash on your P&L, balance sheet and cash flow
- Forecast revenue for subscription renewals based on retention rates
Monitor cash flow
- Better understand the effects of new product investment on cash flow
- Manage costs associated projects by measuring cash flow more precisely
- Ensure cash availability to develop new technology and investment initiatives
- Be ready for growth with frequent re-forecasting based on updated actual data, new orders, what-if scenarios, etc.
Sustain appropriate resources
- Integrate personnel required levels for all employees (i.e. services, support, sales)
Create driver-based plans
- Use key business drivers to develop revenue and cost of sales/goods sold forecasts
- Measure corporate performance against your industry